The team behind this website is committed to providing a site that is easy to use, accurate, up to date and accessible to all our customers. If you would like to submit some feedback to us about the site, please contact us.
Keeping content accurate
We are continually reviewing our web pages and changing them to make sure they are accessible for all users. Our website is written in plain English and we try to use a written style that is straightforward and understandable.
We follow a list of accessibility guidelines when designing our website and content these include:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout
- Allow visitors to resize all text
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems for sufferers of colour-blindness
- Use alt tags on all images. These give a description of the image when the mouse pointer rolls over them.
- We try to make all image titles meaningful
- Design layouts to work well at a range of screen resolutions
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like ‘click here’
- Provide internal anchors for visitors using screen readers or similar technology
- Website feedback
The menu for the website can be found in the left column and will contain links to every page within the site under logical and clear titles
The site search facility will usually provide the easiest, fastest way of locating information on our site. Type in your search phrase and click the "GO" button.
At the top of each page on this site (except the home page) a "breadcrumb trail" provides links to all levels of the hierarchy above the current page location.
The breadcrumb trail shows the context of the current page. It helps users to understand the location of the current page. They can go directly to a higher level of the site if a similar page to the current one is wanted.